Every Dollar Goes To Save An Animal!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Blood On The Feather by Melinda Elmore



       I wanted to share with you today a little about myself and why I write the genre I do. I have lived in Arizona and Tennessee, but Arizona is my home. I have discovered wealth is not measured in how much money you have but in how much love you share. 
      I have been happily married to my wonderful husband, Tom for 24 years, and we have two remarkable children, Shaelee and Erik.
As a young child, I loved reading and writing. Many nights I would wrap up in a blanket, and daydream while I turned the exciting pages of a book. The books would take me to many places, but mostly to the 1800’s where I lived with the American Indian. I loved the idea of going from the normal world in which I lived, then instantly I would be taken to a place far away.
      To my surprise, I started writing and creating my very own world.  A place where I could go and lose myself with just a pen and paper. 
I grew up with the fascination of the American Indian. My love for them grew by leaps and bounds as I read about them from my history book. I wanted to show, in my writings, of the proud people that the American Indians truly are. They show honor and respect for all living things. If I can capture just a small portion of that in my writings then that would be an added bonus for me.
      Native American mystery and romance is my passion. I hope to reveal in my books the uniqueness of the American Indian. I feel truly blessed to try and reveal how special the American Indians truly are.
The love of my family and the love for the American Indian have become focal points in my stories. I will do my best for both of them.
I sincerely pray readers enjoy the characters that I bring to life on each turning page!!!! 
      I have received Cambridge Who’s Who twice, and I have published numerous articles in newspapers. I am a 911 dispatcher, which I truly love. My family is my life and when I am not writing, working, or sleeping, I spend my time with them.
      Well I hope you have learned some things about me and one special commenter will receive an autographed copy of my new book, Blood on the Feather.

Available 9/15/2011

BLOOD ON THE FEATHER by Melinda Elmore quickly pulls you into this Native American mystery. Archeologist DeShay Graywater finds much more than she is looking for on a dig on Lakota Sioux land. When detective TJ Hawke and FBI agent Melina Wolfe team up to investigate the murder of a young Sioux woman, much more than the case, and their shared past, present problems.

Adventure, Native culture, and mystery combine in Blood On The Feather to make this a romantic thriller that keeps you on the edge of your seat and your heart pounding.

Contact Melinda:

Blog         
E-mail       

11 comments:

  1. I am positive that BLOOD ON THE FEATHER will be just as amazing as NATIVE SPIRIT was and her new book will keep me on the edge of my seat and my heart racing. Melinda is a great writer and I am waiting on pins and needles to read her latest book.
    Thanks!
    Rebecca
    rbooth43(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca,

    Thank you for dropping by. I hope you find as much joy in reading Blood on the Feather, as I did in writing it.

    Walk in harmony,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found Blood On The Feather to be full of suspense, Native lore, and contemporary suspense. I am sure everyone is going to love this story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rie,

    Thank you so very much. I know everybody will enjoy it

    Walk in harmony,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cover and love stories about native Americans. I'll have to check this one out :) Blessings for success, BJ Robinson

    ReplyDelete
  6. BJ,

    Thank you for stopping by. Yes my love for the American Indian drives me to write about such special people.

    Walk in harmony,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great to see you here, Melinda. I pray God will bless you as you write about the lives of the American Indian, the people He has put on your heart. June Foster

    ReplyDelete
  8. June,

    Thank you for stopping by. I love your comment and thank you so very much

    Walk in harmony,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just stumbled upon your blog. I visited Arizona two years ago (and then visited again this year!), and ever since then, I've fallen in love with Native American culture and the West. I look forward to reading your book :-)
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely blog! Please follow my blog, it's new: readandlovebooks.blogspot.com
    Thanks♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blood On The Feather by Melinda Elmore is nice book.i like this blog and your share books.

    english books
    pdf books

    ReplyDelete