Every Dollar Goes To Save An Animal!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hi. My name’s Brandi, and I’m a Southerner by Brandi Evans



When approached to write this guest blog, I was asked to write about my home town, which made me realize something odd.
I don’t have a home town.
I was born in Ft. Smith, AR, but my parents moved around so much I don’t claim an actual hometown—and that was before my dad joined the military. Yet despite being constantly uprooted, I’ve always lived in the South. From the great state of Misery, er Missouri…my bad, to the costal beauty of South Carolina, and then finally back home to The Natural State, I’ve always unapologetically been a Southern gal.
Therefore, I present to you (in no particular order)…
10 Reasons Why Living in the South ROCKS
1.   Sweet tea.
2.   I don’t have to explain how far “yonder” is.
3.   Grits.
4.   I can use the word “fixin’” as a noun, verb or adjective.
5.   I’m surrounded by others who understand BBQ is NOT a condiment…it’s a state of mind.
6.   Cowboys (or cowgirls if that’s your thing).
7.   You can deep-fry anything, even butter.
8.   Front porches.
9.   I can pretty much wear the same clothes all year ‘round.
10.  I don't have to explain or defend my accent!
~Brandi Evans
P.S. In honor of my sexy Ellora’s Cave release, Lust, Lace & Lingerie, anyone who leaves a comment will be entered in a drawing to win these steamy sex coupons!
Blurb:

I love managing the sexy Dallas boutique, Red Light Lingerie—talking to people about sex, toys and bedroom wear. One of my favorite erotic benefits? My boss, Maxwell Penn, is a Matthew McConaughey lookalike—but with a hot British accent. Okay, he can be domineering and I spend most of my time on the clock fluctuating between “I want to bed him” and “I want to strangle him.” But still…yum.

Tonight, however, everything will change.

An old friend of Max’s from Britain, a lingerie designer, has flown in to show Max a couple possible pieces for our new Risqué line of bedroom wear—but their model canceled. Can you see where this is going? Yep. I go from manager to model, and before I can say G-string, this spur-of-the-moment modeling gig ignites in passion and little ’ol me finds herself sandwiched between Max and his dark-n-sexy best friend.

I’d be in heaven if it wasn’t for the guilt swirling in Max’s blue eyes. But guilt for what?

EXCERPT:
“As you can see,” Garrett said to Max, “the fishnet offers the viewer a very visual picture while giving the wearer some sense of coverage.”
Sense of coverage? I tried not to roll my eyes. My damn pubic hairs were showing.
“And the black color,” Garrett continued, “combined with the extra-firm elasticity of the fishnet, help minimize bodily imperfections. Not that this one needs any help in that arena, hey, Max?”
“No, not at all. She’s…breathtaking.”
My nipples hardened at his words, and Max’s gaze zoned in on my breasts like heat-seeking missiles locking onto a target. He adjusted himself.
“And…” Garrett spun me around so my breasts pressed against the hard planes of his chest and swept my long hair over one shoulder, exposing my back to Max. “As you can see, the view from the back is exquisite as well. The dipping backline draws the eye and plays with the senses.”
As if accentuating his words, he teased his fingertips along the small of my back. Shivers followed where he touched me and I bit back a moan. My mind went wild with images of his big, gentle hands touching other parts of my body.
Christ, this was not happening.
“And the thick crisscrossing ropes,” Garrett said, his breath hot on my neck, “are not just decorative, my friend. They’re great for anchoring ties too. Now I know what you’re thinking. ‘It’s fishnet. One good tug, and it’s gonna rip.’ But I assure you that’s not the case. The synthetic fabric has some give, yes, but it’ll take a lot of force to rip. It will give you absolute control over your woman. And I know how much you like that.”

Brandi's Links:

 
 



23 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your post. Got a smile out of the reasons why living in the South Rocks! Thanks for the teasing excerpt for your book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Brandi! you had it right at saying that you lived in Missery *Missouri*....I can say that since I live there...lol....Thanks for the excerpt! Love the premise of this story....

    junegirl63(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by ladies. @Maria, I also lived in Misery, er, Missouri until someone smacked me back into reality and I moved back to Oklahoma!

    Actually, my son and his family still live there. Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - deep fried butter?? Oh, you are a Southerner, darlin' - good luck with your novels!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked your post, and personally I don't think you have a problem because your hometown can be anywhere where you felt the most comfortable; that just my opinion though.

    While we're on the subject of homes, which place where you lived do you think is your favorite?

    My mom moved around a little when she was growing up and one of her favorite places was Indianapolis she lived in Lafayette for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Jean! Thanks for dropping by. I'm glad you liked the teaser excerpt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Maria! I've actually lived in Misery, er Missouri, two times so I feel for ya, LOL. Both times I lived there was at Ft. Leonard Wood. (Or as we say in the Army, "Ft. Lost-in-the-Woods in the Great State of Misery." :)) I lived there while my dad was on active duty, then again while I was there for Basic Training.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting me today, Rie! I lived in OK for almost five years before moving back to AR. I loved it there! I think about moving back all the time, but the kids and I are settled here now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, okay, Tina...in my defense, I've never actually had fried butter, LOL. I've seen it at fairs and always thought "So they take something with practically no nutritional value and then make it worse!" Sort of like a deep-fried Twinkie...

    Some things are even too southern for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My most favorite place to live, Gabby...? I don't know. Hmm...

    I liked living in South Carolina, being close to the beach. I loved OK too but I think I have an affinity for life here in The Natural State. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved your blog. I'm a southerner, too and I could relate to all that you said. I do have to change into some winter wear here in NC though.
    Lovely, sexy excerpt for your new book, Lust. Lace and Lingerie.
    I wish you every success.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Brandi! Loved the excerpt. I live in the Peach State, Georgia, so I smiled through the entire list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brandi Shug,

    I am definitely a Southerner. I so love Barbeque. Ain't nothing like it. Especially with some slaw on it. Forget the fried butter. Give me fried Oreo's anyday or hushpuppies & fried cornbread.
    Oh and when I was in New Orleans last year I thought I was gonna die when I couldn't find any sweet tea. I happen to go in Mickey D's and ask them if they had sweet tea. When the girl said they did.
    I sreamed Hallalewjia praise Jesus. I know that though I was crazy.
    Sometimes us Southern girls will kill over some sweet tea.LOL
    The book sounds so awesome and I know you will do well with it.

    Teresa K.
    tcwgrlup41(at)yahoodotcom

    ReplyDelete
  14. This book sounds really good and I would love to read it. I love finding new for me authors.

    manning_j2004 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sarah, yeah, I can imagine NC would get a bit chilly in the winters. I bet you keep lots of smexy books on your nightstand to keep you warm during the cool winter's nights? *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by, Delaney! The peach state is one I've visited countless times, but I've never lived there. I loved walking downtown Savannah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Teresa, BBQ isn't BBQ without cole slaw! ;) Or sweet tea.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The book looks awesome and Mmm, cowboys are a very good point in favour of the South. From someone who's never been near the South you make it sound fun, great list.

    jessicamariesutton(at)msn(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't wait to read this book! I love your list - and being from Oklahoma, I totally agree with it ;)

    ~Michele~

    chelea_girl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jess, it's not so much the cowboy...but the cowboy posterior. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Being a transplanted Texan from The Natural State, I completely understand and embrace your list! I can't wait to see what Max is guilty about. Yum. lisagk at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete