Every Dollar Goes To Save An Animal!

Monday, December 28, 2009

From Author to Publicist by Darren Michaels

I have discovered that writing a book is only half of the battle. Like most people, I undertook this task not knowing where it would lead. Well as luck would have it, I have finished one book and am knee deep in the writing process for my second. I self published, and my book can be found on Amazon.com and other online retailers. However, I have discovered the problem with having finished a book is now to try and market it. I have been able to accomplish a few things on my own, but quickly learned that I am not a marketing guru. 


However, I have discovered the problem with having finished a book is now to try and market it. I have been able to accomplish a few things on my own, but quickly learned that I am not a marketing guru. Luckily for me, call it fate or karma…whatever you like, I found a solution. 


Alix Taylor, founder of Heetr.com and I connected via Facebook and she has been a Godsend. Now I am getting guest blogging and featured author spots on very recognized review and book talk sites, and have more scheduled for the very near future. She is solving the issues and has the answers to the questions I have not even thought to ask.



For a beginning writer, my best suggestion is to focus on what you do best…writing. Don’t get mired down in the task of trying to promote and sell your book, let someone who is well versed in this area do the work for you. For me, Alix Taylor has been the answer; she allows me to continue writing, and handles all the details of my PR and marketing for me. I highly recommend the services of a gifted professional such as her; it is well worth the price. 




Title:  Flipside Erotica:  Both Sides of the Story 
Release Date:  April, 2009
Author:  Darren Michaels
Author Website: www.flipside-erotica.com
Publisher:  Self Published
Buy Link:  www.amazon.com/flipsideerotica
Genre :  Erotica

Today on An Author' Tale I have the pleasure of welcoming Darren Michaels.


Another Christmas is behind us, so tell me what you asked Santa to bring you this year!  
Well, I am very fortunate to not need anything, but I always want lots of different things.  I am a bargain shopper, so I raid the mall after the holidays and scoop up the specials on things I want.


What are your plans for New Year’s Eve? Party hardy or a quiet stay at home celebration with friends or your SO?  
I do not have an SO, please send applications to: Darren@flipside-erotica.com  Just kidding…I will probably spend time with friends in a quiet setting.  I have always looked at New Years’ Eve as amateur night, and don’t really like to be out then.


Do you make New Year’s resolutions? If so, can you tell us what your resolution for 2010 is?  
I do, but I am one of those annoying people who start Dec. 1st just to be ahead of the rest of the world.  J I am sticking to my new work out routine, and have gained about six pounds so far. J I know, I know…you hate me.  But I am packing on some muscle at a nice rate so far.  I am also working on setting up a new website to explore some ideas I have; I will keep you posted on that.


What are your plans, as far as your writing goes, for the New Year? Any hot releases coming up?  
I am working diligently on Volume 2, and hope to have it out by Summer of 2010.  And doing more research along the way  J

Thank you for joining me, Darren Michaels. Is there anything else you'd like the readers to know?
Look for more hot, steamy stories in my next book and also on my new website.  You can find out more by checking out my current site at www.flipside-erotica.com  Love to hear feedback from readers and interested people, so send me an email or find me on Facebook.  Thanks!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to reading Flipside Erotica! Thanks for the great interview! :)

    ReplyDelete